Public Works provides quality essential services to the citizens of East Point in a prompt, courteous, safe, efficient and cost-effective manner with the goal of providing a quality of life in our neighborhoods and the City.
Public Works, through its dedicated employees, strives to plan, design, build, maintain and operate public infrastructure in a manner that respects the environment and the ability of government to adequately preserve these assets for succeeding generations.
The Department of Public Works consists of the following divisions:
The Administration Division consisting of the Director, Office Manager and Administrative Clerk supports directives of the City of East Point, coordinates and oversees the daily operations of the Department. Building & Grounds, Fleet and Roads & Drainage Divisions are responsible for the maintenance and repairs of city owned vehicle and equipment, city roadways and maintain areas within the city right of way (ROW). The Transportation Division coordinates and manages all roadway projects consisting of TSPLOST, Federal Grants and Georgia Department of Transportation.
- Landscape maintenance of city Right Of Way (ROW), which includes landscapes around city owned buildings, water towers and reservoirs (i.e., Ben Hill reservoir, Sweetwater Creek pumping station and Water Works filter plant).
- Routine maintenance including mowing, litter pick-up and debris removal from city ROW.
- Provide assistance to various city departments with removal of furniture, painting and provide assistance with special events via the work order system,
- Routine cleaning and maintenance of city building and offices.
- Respond to work order request by citizen complaints and internal work order service requests by other departments.
- Perform a variety of heavy manual work in connection with maintaining streets, grounds and facilities.
Fleet Maintenance is responsible for maintaining City owned vehicles and equipment, auction and surplus sale of ageing and damaged City owned vehicles. The Division supports all City Department vehicles through routine maintenance and emergency repairs.
The mission and goal of the Roads & Drainage Division is to continue performing at the highest level of comprehensive maintenance, repairs and emergency response tasks within the city roadways and ROW. The mission is to also maintain and improve roadways, sidewalks and the storm water drainage system. Meeting the projected mission of the Roads & Drainage Division will meet the set goals, which will ensure the citizens of East Point have an environment that adheres to federal environmental standards, improved roadways and a safer community. This will be performed in accordance with established performance standards and the level of required service.
- Pothole reduction program
- Perform needs assessments to better define and prioritize funding needs and requirements.
- Implementation of emergency response plan of action.
- Inter Department assistance at any incidence whereby City Police or Fire Department has been dispatched, Road & Drainage Division will assist all debris removal.
The Transportation Division of Public works is responsible for designing, planning and maintaining the transportation system within the City of East Point, which has over 165 miles of paved streets, and several miles of sidewalks. This Division also provides a variety of services related to work within the city’s right of ways including plan reviews for new project developments and administers all ROW permits for work within the city’s right of ways. In addition, the Transportation Division also provides engineering services and technical assistance for all divisions in Public Works and other city departments including Police, Fire and Parks & Recreation.
ATTENTION: Work will continue for Phase 1 of the Headland and Delowe Drive sidewalk project to address further upgrades to meet ADA requirements. Thank you for your continued patience during this process.
East Point City Hall
2757 E Point Street
East Point, GA 30344
Hour of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM