East Point Power
2757 East Point Street
East Point, GA 30344
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
East Point Power is operations only; please contact Customer Care for bill payments, billing questions, new service requests, termination of existing utility account(s), etc. Please email email@example.com to report streetlight outages and/or issues with the pole number (if possible). For other power related issues and/or outages, please call (404) 270-7010.
East Point Power provides reliable, cost-efficient electric service to residential and commercial customers in the City of East Point. They are one of 52 public power communities under Electric Cities of Georgia (ECG), a non-profit organization that provides strategic and technical services to public power communities with utility operations. East Point Power consists of the four (4) divisions: Line Operations, Tree Trimming, and System Control.
- Thomas Manghram, Assistant Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alicia Persons, Project Manager; New projects; Electrical plans and permits, Filming; New Security Light Contracts
- Email: email@example.com
- Todd Hicks, Superintendent; Line Operations
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gregory Creque, Electric Foreman; Line Operations
- Email: email@example.com
- Mike Hawkins, Electric Foreman; Line Operations
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EJ Hall, Arborist; Tree Superintendent; Tree issues city-wide
- Email: email@example.com
- Adarius Adams, System Control Supervisor; Traffic light issues; Commercial meters; Graffiti on transformer boxes
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shauna Green, Dispatcher; Security light and street light issues.
- Email: email@example.com
- Wood chips are provided in a load of 6000 pounds;
- City will deliver at no charge, but will inspect area to be delivered first to ensure there is sufficient space for chips;
- Drop off is at the discretion of the city;
- All mulch is untreated and mixed mulch;
- Must be used at customer’s own discretion;
- City assumes no liabilities for mulch deliveries, uses, etc.
Some traffic lights are in East Point city limits, but are major highways and are controlled by GDOT or City of Atlanta. Please see below for contact information.
- City of Atlanta Traffic Issues: (404) 546-0311 or Dial 311
- GDOT Traffic Issues: (404) 635-8000 or Dial 511
Permits & Inspections
A permit and/or inspection will be needed for the following services before power can be made active: All Service Line Issues; Tree Removal Related Issues; New electrical services; and t-poles (temporary poles). Planning & Community Development should be contacted before contacting Customer Care to request any permanent power.
Available by Phone: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (404) 270-7025
Available in Office: 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (Appointment Only)
Available On-site: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (As scheduled and confirmed by appointment)
Forms should be completed and submitted to Planning & Zoning with their permit applications. They should upload them through the Planning & Zoning portal when they create their account. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Permits at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alicia Persons at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, for all power related issues and/or outages, please call (404) 270-7010.
Yes, there is a letter that available for customers to give to their employers. Please make request through www.PowerOutage@EastPointCity.org.
Power outages have several varied factors; primarily severe weather, fallen trees, auto accidents and objects on the line.
Keep freezers /refrigerators closed. Use a generator, but ONLY outdoors and away from windows. Do not gas stove/oven to heat your home. Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
Locate pole identification number or closest street address. Please contact customer care to report the light outage and pole location and Number. The light will be repaired within 3-5 business days.
Sanitation can be contacted at 404.270.7140 to request pick up only IF: debris is in lawn bags/cardboard boxes (not to exceed fifty pounds). If debris is in a 45-gallon container or less, place it with your dumpster on your regular trash day.
The Truth About Power Outages