The City Clerk’s Office strives to provide courteous and professional service to elected officials, city staff and most importantly, the public. We protect and preserve official records and disseminate information concerning policy and legislative issues.
– General Information
– Municipal Election
East Point Election Day Precinct Locations
Department of Registration & Elections
Fulton County Absentee Voting
Georgia My Voter
Guide to Absentee Ballots
ESPLOST Call for Election
TSPLOST Call for Election
What’s New for Voters?
2021 Polling Locations
Advanced Polling Hours & Locations
Agendas & Minutes
City Council Calendar
Code of Ordinances
Georgia General Assembly
Georgia Municipal Association
National League of Cities
State Ethics Commission
The next East Point Municipal Election will be on Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
Deana Holiday Ingraham (Incumbent)
Eddie Lee Brewster
Ward A At-Large
Sharon Shropshire (Incumbent)
Ward B At-Large
Karen Rene’ (Incumbent)
Ward C At-Large
T. Starr Cummings
Ward D At-Large
Joshua B. Butler, IV (Incumbent)
The Municipal Clerk is the oldest of public servants in local government, along with the tax collector. The beginning of the office of City Clerk in England can be traced back to 1272 AD in the history of the Corporation of Old London. The “Remembrancers” was called upon to remind the Councilors (members of Council) what had transpired at their previous meetings of the early councils were not recorded in written minutes.
Ancient Greece has a City secretary who read official documents publicly. At the opening of a meeting, one of his first duties was to decree a curse upon anyone who should seek to deceive the people.
The title “Clerk” was developed from the Latin clericus. During the Middle Ages, when scholarship and writing were limited to the clergy, Clerk came to mean a scholar, especially one who could read, write, and thus serve as a notary, secretary, accountant and recorder.
When the colonists first settled in Massachusetts, the town clerk was one of the earliest offices established. The settlers were well aware of the importance of keeping accurate written records of their agreements and actions including grants of land regulations governing animals, the collection of taxes and the expenditure of town funds.
- Serves as the Secretary to the Council and provides staff support
- Prepare and compile meeting agendas
- Records official minutes and actions of the Council
- Maintains the official record of Ordinances, Resolutions, Contracts and Agreements adopted by Council
- Coordinates and complete Public Open Records requests in compliance with Georgia Open Records Act
- Filing Department for General Liability Claims
- Publishes and manages the advertisement of legal and meeting notices
- Serves as the qualifying officer for municipal elections
- Codification of the City Codes of Ordinance
- Provide Notary Services and Document Certification
- Serves as Secretary for the Ethics Board, Building Authority and Budget/Finance Committee
City Clerk’s Office
East Point City Hall
2757 E Point Street
East Point, GA 30344
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM