The City of East Point encourages and welcomes sustainable business development that supports economic growth and improves quality of life for its citizens. East Point is a business friendly city that maintains ongoing dialogue with existing businesses in an effort to maintain a positive business environment.
East Point’s Economic Development Department serves as a resource for business recruitment, retention and expansion. The department can help with general “doing business issues” that may arise, as well as, help new or expanding businesses with site selection assistance, potential incentives (including job tax credits) and attractive financing products available. The Department partners with many federal, state, and local business assistance agencies in order to give businesses the best access to resources available.
East Point is an ethnically diverse community formed in 1887 by a citizenry of 16 families. The name East Point was derived from being located at the east terminus point of the former Atlanta & West Point Railroad from West Point, Georgia. It possesses many great attributes including close proximity to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and downtown Atlanta. East Point is approximately 13.8 miles with a population over 35,000. This quaint urban community is home to numerous shops, boutiques and restaurants in the Downtown District, Virginia Avenue and Camp Creek Marketplace, which has over a million square feet of commercial and retail space.
The City of East Point’s prime location Inside the Perimeter (ITP), nestled between all the major interstates, the establishment of a new government center, the re-development of Fort McPherson next door and the availability of numerous retail shops and restaurants make it a viable destination, and an attractive place for a “live-work-play” environment.
Did you Know?
- The City of East Point just received its first ever bond rating of “A” from Standard and Poor’s credit agency.
- The Fire Dept. earned an Insurance Service Office (ISO) rating of 1, the highest possible – lowers insurance.
- The Police Dept. is very responsive and has significantly decreased crime each year, for the last three years.
- The Business & Industrial Development Authority is one of the few that were Constitutionally created.
- The Dick Lane Velodrome in East Point is very unique and it is the only velodrome in the State of Georgia.
- The City of East Point has its own private Water Reservoir (Sweet Water Creek), separate from Atlanta’s.
- The City’s also provides water to Hapeville & College Park; Coca-Cola processes it as Dasani bottled water.
- The City of East Point has its own Power Company (thru partnership w/MEAG/Electric Cities of Georgia).
- Our extremely competitive utility rates rival GA Power’s and have remained flat for the last three years.