East Point Zoning Ordinance Rewrite will develop the City of East Point as a leading destination in the Atlanta Metropolitan region, with many options and amenities for its residents and visitors. While building on and enhancing its historic assets, the City of East Point desires to develop new opportunities for housing, shopping, employment, recreation, and transportation.
Presently, the Planning and Community Development Department is operating from zoning and land development regulations that were originally adopted in 2009. Since then, the comprehensive plan has evolved, several corridor planning studies have been adopted, economic development initiatives have continued, and various amendments and modifications have occurred to the zoning and land development ordinances.
Due to this, the City wishes to modernize its zoning ordinance, subdivision regulations, and other land development regulations, and to achieve the following:
- Support the goals and visions of the Comprehensive Plan, the Willingham Drive Corridor Study, the Transit Orientated Development Master Plan, and other adopted community plans.
- Address the changing patterns of development and redevelopment.
- Improve organization and user friendliness for all users
- Incorporate graphs, charts, and illustrations
- Update the zoning and overlay districts
- Create detailed aesthetic criteria and design guidelines that address the City’s gateways and commercial districts
- Ensure all State regulations are incorporated
- Streamline review and approval processes
What is a Zoning Ordinance Rewrite?
- The Zoning Ordinance Rewrite is a document that consolidates all development-related regulations including zoning and land use, subdivisions, design and development standards, and review procedures. The Zoning Ordinance Rewrite has several advantages over maintaining separate zoning and subdivision ordinances.
How Can I get involved?
- Meeting Information
- Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 6:30PM
- QR Code Code