The City Manager’s Office oversees the overall operation of East Point’s Government, including the management of the City’s budget. The Office is responsible for ensuring the provision of a variety of services to the residents and businesses of East Point. Organizational Chart
- Provides effective and efficient oversight over city functions to ensure service provision to citizens and customers.
- Advises the City Council regarding the management of the City.
- Sees that all laws, provisions of the charter, and acts of the City Council are faithfully executed.
- City Manager oversees the following Departments:
- New Year’s Eve (1/2 day when New Year’s Day is on a Tuesday-Friday, the City will close at Noon)
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve (when Christmas is on a Tuesday-Friday workday)
- Christmas Day
*If the observed holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday will be observed on the preceding Friday.
**If the observed holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday will be observed on the following Monday.
***Employees (non-Police/non- Fire) who MUST work on the holiday shall be considered as working overtime (must have management approval), and shall be paid at the overtime rate or given compensatory time off at the overtime rate. They shall additionally receive pay for the holiday at the straight time rate. The net effect will be paid holiday, plus pay for overtime worked at the rate of time and one-half.