BECOMING A CITY OF EAST POINT FIREFIGHTER
The City of East Point Fire Department provides a comprehensive and challenging recruit school. Once an individual successfully completes the hiring process, they are entered into 12 month program that includes both fire and emergency medical technician training. Open Firefighter/AEMT positions are posted here.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent recognized by the State of Georgia
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must not have a felony conviction with the last 10 years
- Must have an acceptable seven year driving history, criminal and character background
In addition to the minimum qualifications, all candidates must successfully complete the following:
- Physical Agility Test
- Written Aptitude Test
- Oral interview
- Psychological Interview
- Medical Evaluation
Our training staff has an average of ten years in the fire service. Using National Professional Qualifications (NPQ) guidelines, the training staff designs coursework that lays the foundation that will help candidates succeed in this profession and in all facets of their life.