The City of East Point Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training (EWDJT) Program offers a paid opportunity to earn the fundamental credentials to apply for job opportunities in the environmental industry. Program participants receive workforce development training from a curriculum comprised of field training and the following 3 courses: Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission (GSWCC) Fundamentals, and GSWCC Advanced Fundamentals, along with a professional development certification from Clayton State University. Upon program completion, participants will be eligible for jobs in the environmental sector.
- City of East Point Residents
- Individuals aged 17 – 24
- Ability and appreciation for working with a team towards a common goal
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to pass a drug screening
Benefits and Compensation:
Potential program participants will receive:
- Uniform (partial) provided
- Improved personal and digital communication, time-management, and soft skills
- Networking opportunities and exposure to an array of new experiences
- A laptop for virtual education training
- Personal Protective Equipment (mask, gloves, work boots)
- MARTA pass
- $400 stipend (issued upon completion of full 12-week curriculum)
- Program participants that complete all aspects of the cohort are eligible to apply for non-competitive full-time employment with COEP.
- Education training will be virtual on Fridays
- Professional skills training will consist of 16 hours per week
(*Professional skills training is in-person, during the hours of 8 am – 4 pm, while observing social distancing and COEP COVID-19 Indoor Safety guidelines)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can:
- Complete an application form at the City of East Point City Hall front desk at 2757 East Point Street, East Point, GA 30344.
- Submit an online application via the Greening Youth Foundation job portal at: serve.gyfoundation.org or on the City of East Point website at: _________________
If you have any questions, contact the City of East Point Project Manager, Shan Roberson at (404) 559-6380 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding your application status, please contact Greening Youth Foundation at (404) 254-4827 or email@example.com.
The EWDJT Program offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status or any other status protected by law.