Provide exceptional customer service by being professional, courteous and competent at all times. We are closed between the hours of 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM for lunch and meetings.
2791 East Point Street
East Point, GA 30344
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
For other power related issues and/or outages, please call (404) 270-7010
The Customer Care Department supports the City of East Point’s major utility services, including Electric, Water, Sewer and Solid Waste. Customer Care is comprised of three divisions: Meter, Customer Service and Collections. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers while following sound fiscal, operational and procedural guidelines.
For the various services listed below, please click on the appropriate link for assistance:
- Tree Trimming / Solar Panels / Security Lights / Power Outages – East Point Power
- T-Poles (temporary power) / Inspections / Building Permits / Certificate of Occupancy / Business License / Power and Water Release – Planning & Community Development
- Sewer or Water issues – Water and Sewer
- Garbage Pick-up / Recycle Bins / Trash Receptacles / Leaves Pickup / Trash Amnesty – Solid Waste
- Open Records requests – City Clerk’s Office
- Property Tax payments are accepted at Customer Care 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. For all other Tax questions or concerns (i.e. Homestead Exemptions, etc. ), please contact our Tax Department at (404) 270-7083/7084 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Bill Pay
Click here for a Step by Step Guide on How to Register an Account
Click here for a Step by Step Guide on How to Register to Pay by Text
Important Notifications & Services
Next Day Service: All Applications must be completed and submitted by 3:30 p.m.
New to East Point?:You’re welcome to come by our office located at 2791 East Point Street to establish your utility services or call our office at (404) 270-7010 if you have any questions regarding new service.
Payments: All payments must be made by close of business (Monday – Friday) no later than 4:30 PM to avoid interruption of service.
The Customer Care Department will be closed temporarily from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on the following dates listed to conduct meetings with the goal of better meeting the needs of you, our valued customer: January 26, 2022, February 23, 2022, March 23, 2022, April 20, 2022, May 25, 2022, June 22, 2022, July 20, 2022, August 23, 2022, September 21, 2022, October 19, 2022, November 22, 2022, December 21, 2022.
The City of East Point is proud to partner with SeeClickFix to develop the ‘Access East Point’ app which is a 311 citizen request and work management tool for local government. This technology builds trust between citizens and East Point staff by making it easy to report, manage and resolve non-emergency service requests in the City.
We will read your meter, compute usage, and bill you monthly. There is a base rate for all residential services, which includes electrical, garbage, water, and sewer services. Bills are also generated on active accounts with no usage.
The City of East Point has 18 billing cycles. All billing cycles are arranged geographically to make our meter reading system as efficient as possible. Your billing date is determined by your service location.
The billing date will vary no more than three or four days during billing cycles. If you do not receive your bill, you are advised to contact Customer Care to inquire about the amount due.
There is a standard industry fee of $3.00 assessed to all accounts for Customer Care developments and upgrades. Periodically, fees will be increased to cover rising industry costs for the production of services. The $3.00 charge is assessed every month and was approved by East Point City Council per the 2014 Budget. *Please note the City of East Point will no longer assess fees for online or telephone services.
The environmental cost is an increase or decrease in rates that are charged to recover capital, operating and maintenance costs associated with government mandated environmental costs. These rates charged to electric utility customers may be increased or decreased in an amount per kWh through an environmental compliance cost recovery rider.
In keeping with sound financial management practices, the City’s policy ensures that its utilities are operated in a fiscally sound manner, and as such to make environmental compliance cost recovery adjustments, as necessary, to pass on compliance costs for federal mandates to utility customers.
The monthly PCA Rider in cents per kilowatt (kWh) shall represent the difference between total East Point Power costs (including wholesale power, distribution system operations and maintenance, administrative charges, transfers and allocations paid to East Point’s general fund), and total East Point Power revenues (including sales of electricity and other operating receipts) divided by the total kWh hour sold to customers served under tariffs subject to such power cost adjustment (PCA). Application of this rider is at the sole discretion of the City of East Point. Applicable tariffs include residential, general service and small, medium and large power.
The City of East Point offers customers E-Notification Billing, which is convenient and environmentally friendly. To set up paperless billing, make your payment online and after the payment has been processed, you will have the option to receive paperless billing.
The City of East Point is offering year round open enrollment for the Senior Citizen Utility Discount Program, which provides a $7.00 per month discount on electric service for one senior residential account. Senior Citizen Utility Discount Application
Eligible seniors must continually meet all of the following criteria:
- Participant must be the named residential account holder.
- 65 years old or older with an income not exceeding fifteen thousand dollars per year ($15,000).
- Senior Citizen account holder must be a full time resident of the location where utility services are provided.
- Account must remain in good standing with no overdue balance. Any billing cycle for which there accrues or remains an overdue balance will not have the senior discount applied.
- Senior Citizen Account holder must provide evidence of continued residency and qualification by January 1st of every year to continue eligibility for the senior discount.
- Interested parties may enroll in the program at the Customer Care Department, 2791 East Point Street. For more information call (404) 270-7010.
Commercial & Residential
The City Ordinance mandates that a deposit and connection fee be required to initiate service for all customers as indicated in the Welcome Brochure.
Requirements for Establishing New Service
New residential service can only be established during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Please refer to the check list below to ensure you have the appropriate documents needed to establish new service.
New Residential Service Application
Electric Services Only – $125 Deposit / $60 Connection Fee
Electric & Water Services – Electric: $125 Deposit / Water: $75 Deposit / Connection Fee: $60
(trash is included, if applicable)
Water Services Only – $75 Deposit / $60 Connection Fee
Two (2) documents are required from this category:
Current DL / State Issued ID
Current Debit / Credit Card
Current Military ID
|Current US Passport or Card||Original Social Security Card||Current Health Ins Card|
|Work Permit Card||Birth Certificate||Current Work ID|
|Current School ID||ITIN Number||Green Card|
Rental / Ownership of Property
One (1) document is required from this category:
- Signed Lease by Tenant/Lessee/Renter and Landlord
- Settlement Statement
- Warranty Deed
- Current Tax Bill
Property Management Agreement
Three (3) documents are required from this category:
- Listing agreement and signature required
- Management Agreement with two (2) forms of Identification (Please see Residential and Commercial)
- Copy of Real Estate License, if providing copy of listing agreement
- Item(s) required by Residential
- Item(s) required by Commercial
- If the listing or management agreements are in the name of a business, an employee I.D. with picture is required
New Commercial Service Application
Electric Services Only: $150 Deposit / $60 Connection Fee
Electric & Water Services – Electric: $150 Deposit / Water: $100 Deposit / Connection Fee: $60
Water Services Only: $100 Deposit / $60 Connection Fee
- Copy of Lease/Deed
- Federal Tax Identification Number
- Letter of Authorization (if you’re not the actual Owner, Lessee, Tenant)
- Copy of Business License (in the event the Business License is not available, a copy of the Business License Application with Receipt and Certificate of Occupancy Releases can be provided) – See Planning and Community Development: Business Licenses for more information.
- If you are Incorporated (Corporation or Limited Liability Corporation), we need the pages of your Corporation paper that shows the names of the Officers and Seal from the Secretary of State’s Office.
- All new Commercial accounts will be activated within 72 hours of the account being initiated, between the hours of 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM (Holidays and weekends are not included)
East Point Power Security Light Fee Schedule FY’ 2023
|Lamp Wattage||Type||Rate (per light, per month)|
|150||TOWN & COUNTRY||$17.25|
|1000||Metal Halide (FLOOD)||$44.85|
|1500||Metal Halide (FLOOD)||$57.50|
Requirements for Reestablishing Service due to Non-Payment Disconnection
Requirements to Transfer Service
A Transfer of Service is when a resident moves/transfers from one property in East Point to another property in East Point.
Requirements to Transfer Service
- Connection fee of $60.00 in addition to any past due amount owed on the existing account.
- Transferring from one East Point property to another East Point property that has additional services, a service deposit will be required, in addition to the $60.00 Connection fee.
For homeowners renting property, there is an opportunity to establish a Landlord Agreement, which is a savings to the property owner. In a Landlord Agreement, the deposit made to establish services remains on the account even when a tenant leaves the property. This deposit allows for an easy transition between tenants, permitting the property owner to avoid paying reoccurring deposit fees to establish service.
Termination of Service
The Termination of Utility Services must be in writing, and include a Driver’s License or picture ID. Requests can either be faxed to (404) 559-4438, emailed to email@example.com or delivered in person to Customer Care.
Upon termination of service, deposits are refunded partially or in full based on the final reading of the bill. If the final bill is less than the deposit, the difference will be refunded to the customer. However, if the final bill is more than the deposit, the balance must be paid within 45 days after the due date or the account will be sent to Collections.