Reissuance of Contract for Planning Consultant for Unified Development Code and …
09/27/2019 3:00 PM
This is the reissuance of a previously issued solicitation. Responses prepared for RFP No. 2020-1712 and RFP No. 2020-1712-A will be received and accepted by the City.
The City of East Point, Georgia, is hereby soliciting sealed proposals from financially stable, experienced, qualified professional planning and consulting firms who are interested in entering into a contract with the City of East Point, Georgia, to develop a Unified Development Code (UDC) and to conduct associated services which will include the development of a three (3) Corridor Overlay District in conformance with the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) and the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) standards.
The Selected Provider will assist the City in the development and preparation of a formal Zoning Ordinance Rewrite / Unified Development Code (UDC) to incorporate historic residential districts and the Corridor Overlay Districts located along East Cleveland Avenue and East Washington Road. The scope of the Unified Development Code (zoning, subdivision, environmental, and sign ordinance) and any other associated services will affect areas located within the current incorporated area of the City of East Point, Georgia, in southwestern Fulton County.
It is the intent of the City of East Point to have a UDC and Gateway Overlay District that are specific and unique to the City. The City wishes to incorporate an environmental justice approach to create and retrofit healthy communities throughout the City.
It is anticipated that before completion the Project will incorporate five (5) phases:
- Development of a Public Participation / Involvement Plan;
- Evaluation of the City’s Existing Codes and Documents;
- Identification of Potential Solutions and Approaches;
- Development of a Draft and a Final Unified Development Code
- Development of the Gateway Corridor Overlay Districts;
Each of the five (5) anticipated phases are discussed in detail in the PART II – DETAILED SCOPE OF SERVICES section of the Request for Proposals (RFP) document.
The Selected Provider should possess all of the following qualifications in order to be successful in undertaking this Project:
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to draft zoning ordinances (conventional, form-based, and hybrid codes);
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to draft ordinances for subdivision, site plans, and signs;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to draft processes for site plans review;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to draft environmental ordinances, environmental and social justice policies, low-impact development ordinances, green infrastructure standards, and to incorporate equity developmental practices to create healthy living communities;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to draft design standards;
- Knowledge, experience, and expertise in transportation regulations with the ability to complete streets incorporating traffic calming based upon that expertise;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to draft historic preservation plans;
- Knowledge, experience, and expertise in land use planning and urban design;
- The knowledge and ability to incorporate innovative and inclusive public participation using experienced facilitation skills;
- General and basic legal knowledge regarding various local, state, and federal statutes and regulations as they may relate to zoning, comprehensive plans, and land planning (subdivision and land development);
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to incorporated Lifelong Communities planning practices;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to incorporated smart / quality growth standard planning practices;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to incorporated healthy, walkable community principles;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to incorporated Transit Oriented Development principles;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to incorporated affordable / workforce housing and inclusionary zoning;
- The knowledge, experience, and ability to incorporated sustainable, social, and equitable development principles and practices
Anticipated Solicitation Timeline:
Issuance Date to Public: By Close of Business on Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Deadline for Inquiries: No Later Than Twelve o’clock Noon (12:00 P.M.) on Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Deadline for Issuance of Public Addenda: No Later Than Close of Business on Monday, September 23, 2019
Bid Due Date: No Later Than 3:00 P.M. on Friday, September 27, 2019
Obtaining Solicitation Documents:
Individuals / firms wishing to participate in this solicitation may download a copy of the official documents directly from the City’s website. Please see “Available Documents” listed on the right-hand side of the bottom of this page. From the list under this heading, choose the document you wish to downloaded and double click on it. The downloading of City solicitation documents and associated materials is made available without charge.
Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer and is required in order to view and print the downloaded documents. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it may be downloaded for FREE from the following web site: http://www.adobe.com. (NOTE: The City of East Point has no affiliation whatsoever with the developers or suppliers of Adobe Reader and has made this link available as a convenience to our Vendors. The City of East Point assumes no liability by making this link available, and all those who use the recommended website to download materials do so completely at their own risk.)
RFQ documents cannot be obtained in person from the City nor by mail, email, fax, or pre-paid courier service.
Plan Holders’ Listing:
Since Prospective Providers may download solicitation documentation directly from the City’s web site, a Plan Holders Listing is not available for this or any other City solicitation. If applicable, a Pre-Bid Conference Sign-In Sheet or a Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-In Sheet shall be posted on this website after the date of the meeting.
RFP Due Date:
Unless otherwise amended, sealed proposal responses shall be received on behalf of the City in the First Floor Lobby of the new City Hall Complex located at 2757 East Point Street, East Point, Georgia 30344, until 3:00 P.M. on Friday, September 27, 2019.