Contract For Stage, Lights, and Sound System for Select Events
06/26/2019 3:00 PM
The City of East Point, Georgia, is soliciting sealed bids from financial stable, qualified service providers who are interested in entering into a multi-year contract to produce special events for the City of East Point, Georgia. The special events to be produced are currently held out-of-doors in parks on pre-selected dates and are built around musical performances incorporating local and guest performers. It is anticipated that the Selected Provider will be responsible for providing the following equipment / manpower / services for each of twelve (12) events scheduled to be conducted over the next three (3) years:
- Twelve (12) in-ear headsets with surveillance kits (an ear bud with a mic that clips to a shirt) with compatible two-way radios
- Four (4) in-ear monitor systems for the use of the performers
- Separate mixing boards for monitors and house
- Two (2) digital mixing boards, each with a minimum of thirty-two (32) channel input and a minimum of sixteen (16) channel output.
- Eight (8) stage monitors
- A five- (5-) piece drum kit with cymbals and all necessary hardware (Ludwig, Yamaha or professional equal)
- Base rig (Ampeg SVT Rig or professional equal)
- Two (2) Shure, or professional equal, UHF wireless mic systems / antenna amplifier, with different frequencies
- A minimum of four (4) technicians: one lighting engineer, one (1) front-of-house audio engineer, one monitor engineer, and one sound / lighting technician
- A minimum of twelve (12) moving wash lights
- An SL100 stage (Stage banners have been pre-printed for the measurements of this specific stage), or functional equivalent with extensions which will allow the City’s stage banners to be used.
- One (1) diesel generator, ultra quiet type, adequate to provide power for equipment and lighting system as specified, as well as, power the DJ Booth which will be located by the stage
- One (1) Leko light, or equivalent brand of ellipsoidal reflector spotlight (ERS), capable of projecting City-provided gobo onto the back of stage
- A fourteen (14) foot loading ramp for band gear
- Audio equipment and a sound system sufficient for up to an eight (8) piece band and capable of accommodating a crowd size of approximately five thousand audience members – At a minimum this should include eight (8) line array speakers, eight (8) subs, two (2) front fills, etc.
- Two (2) stair units with handrails
- Black skirting for the front and the sides of the stage
- A ten-foot by ten-foot (10’ x 10’) spandex backdrop upon which to project the City-provided gobo
- Two (2) eight foot by eight foot (8’ x 8’) sound wings
- The Selected Provider will be responsible for their own set-up and strike labor
In addition, the Selected Provider will be expected to adhere to the all of the following requirements:
- The Selected Provider must have all equipment in place, up and running in time for sound checks with the bands / performers beginning promptly at twelve o’clock (12:00) noon on each event day.
- The Selected Provider must ensure that sound checks are completed no later than four o’clock (4:00) P.M. This is to allow the Selected Provider to take a forty-five (45) minute dinner break prior to beginning to prep at 4:45 P.M. for the performances that will begin promptly at five o’clock (5:00) P.M.
- The Selected Provider will pick up the stage banners that are to be displayed around the perimeter (overhead, front of stage and both sides) of the structure of the stage (made for an SL100) at least one (1) day prior to the first day of each series of events so the Selected Provider can hang and secure the stage banners to the stage upon their arrival early on the morning of the first day of the first event in each series. The Selected Provider will then keep the stage banners throughout the remainder of the event series and return them to the City no later than one (1) week following the last performance in each series of events.
- If the stage is to be set-up in a partially graveled, partially grassed, partially dirt area, the Selected Provider will be responsible for bringing materials to level the stage, and / or plywood upon which to set-up the stage.
- The Selected Provider should anticipate that four (4) to six (6) bands / groups / performers will be entertaining the audience during each scheduled event.
- The Selected Provider should anticipate the audience attendance for each scheduled event to be in the five thousand plus (5,000+) range.
- If any one or more of the events are cancelled due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen circumstances the Selected Provider must agree in writing to allow the City to schedule a make-up date at no additional cost beyond the original agreed upon price per event stipulated in the Contract.
Please reference the solicitation documents for further specifics and requirements.
Anticipated Solicitation Timeline:
Issuance Date to Public: By Close of Business on Monday, June 3, 2019
Deadline for Inquiries: No Later Than Twelve o’clock Noon (12:00 P.M.) on Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Deadline for Issuance of Public Addenda: No Later Than Close of Business on Friday, June 21, 2019
Bid Due Date: No Later Than 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Obtaining Solicitation Documents:
Individuals / firms wishing to participate in this solicitation may download a copy of the official documents directly from the City’s website. Please see “Available Documents” listed on the right-hand side of the bottom of this page. From the list under this heading, choose the document you wish to downloaded and double click on it. The downloading of City solicitation documents and associated materials is made available without charge.
Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer and is required in order to view and print the downloaded documents. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it may be downloaded for FREE from the following web site: http://www.adobe.com. (NOTE: The City of East Point has no affiliation whatsoever with the developers or suppliers of Adobe Reader and has made this link available as a convenience to our Vendors. The City of East Point assumes no liability by making this link available, and all those who use the recommended website to download materials do so completely at their own risk.)
RFQ documents cannot be obtained in person from the City nor by mail, email, fax, or pre-paid courier service.
Plan Holders’ Listing:
Since Prospective Providers may download solicitation documentation directly from the City’s web site, a Plan Holders Listing is not available for this or any other City solicitation. If applicable, a Pre-Bid Conference Sign-In Sheet or a Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-In Sheet shall be posted on this website after the date of the meeting.
Bid Due Date:
Unless otherwise amended, Prospective Service Provider responses prepared as requested in the City’s Invitation for Bids (ITB) shall be received on behalf of the City until 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, June 26, 2019, in the Contracts and Procurement Office located on the first floor at 2757 East Point Street, East Point, Georgia 30344.