Contract for Workers’ Compensation Insurance Third-Party Claims Administration, …
05/24/2019 3:00 PM
The City of East Point, Georgia (hereafter referred to as the “City”) is hereby soliciting sealed proposals from financially stable, experienced, qualified third-party administrators who are willing to enter into a Contract to provide the City with Claims Administration Services for the City’s Workers’ Compensation Program.
The City of East Point is seeking a firm that can provide Third-Party Claims Administration Services in regard to Workers’ Compensation insurance claims. These services will include, but may not be limited to:
- Claims Administration / Adjudication
- Twenty-four (24) hour contact with employees upon receipt of claim
- Medical bill review and audit
- Investigating Claims
- Payment of indemnity benefits, medical bills, mileage payments, etc.
- Processing of Lost Time and Medical Only claims
- Adjusting Claims
- Setting Reserves
- Assisting Legal Counsel in preparation of Workers’ Compensation Hearings
- Attending Workers’ Compensation Hearings
- Litigation Management (with the pre-approval of the City)
- MMSEA CMS Reporting
- Coverage Determination
- Collaborating with the City’s Risk Manager, or other designated staff, to reach the settlement of claims in appropriate circumstances.
- Assisting in the selection of Defense Counsels.
- Assisting with State and National reporting requirements.
- Providing Quarterly Loss Run History (for opened and closed claims)
- Managing a Risk Management Systems and Reporting
- Maintaining a Risk Management Information System (RMIS) capable of providing the City with the claim number, the status of open claims, a summary of the incident, complete file notes, outstanding financial reserves, and details of claims and expense payments.
Anticipated Solicitation Timeline:
Issuance Date to Public: By Close of Business on Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Deadline for Inquiries: No Later Than Twelve o’clock Noon (12:00P.M.) on Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Deadline for Issuance of Public Addenda: No Later Than Close of Business on Friday, May 10, 2019
RFQ Due Date: No Later Than 3:00 P.M. on Friday, May 24, 2019
Obtaining Solicitation Documents:
Individuals / firms wishing to participate in this RFQ may download a copy of the official documents directly from the City’s website. Please see “Available Documents” listed on the right-hand side of the bottom of this page. From the list under this heading, choose the document you wish to downloaded and double click on it. The downloading of City solicitation documents and associated materials is made available without charge.
Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer and is required in order to view and print the downloaded documents. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it may be downloaded for FREE from the following web site: http://www.adobe.com. (NOTE: The City of East Point has no affiliation whatsoever with the developers or suppliers of Adobe Reader and has made this link available as a convenience to our Vendors. The City of East Point assumes no liability by making this link available, and all those who use the recommended website to download materials do so completely at their own risk.)
RFQ documents cannot be obtained in person from the City nor by mail, email, fax, or pre-paid courier service.
Plan Holders’ Listing:
Since Prospective Providers may download solicitation documentation directly from the City’s web site, a Plan Holders Listing is not available for this or any other City solicitation. If applicable, a Pre-Bid Conference Sign-In Sheet or a Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-In Sheet shall be posted on this website after the date of the meeting.
Bid Due Date:
Unless otherwise amended, Prospective Service Provider responses prepared as requested in the City’s Request for Qualifications (RFQ) shall be received on behalf of the City until 3:00 P.M. on Friday, May 24, 2019, in the Contracts and Procurement Office located in Suite 400, 1526 East Forrest Avenue, East Point, Georgia 30344.
Contracts and Procurement Business Hours:
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday with the exception of City-observed holidays.
Addendum No. 1
Addendum No. 2
Addendum No. 2 – Attachment No. 1
Addendum No. 2 – Attachment No. 2
Addendum No. 2 – Attachment No. 3
Contract for Workers’ Compensation Third-Party …
E-Verify Affidavit of Contractor
E-Verify Affidavit of Subcontractor
E-Verify Affidavit of Sub-subcontractor
Local Vendor Preference
SAVE Affidavit of Contractor