Contract for the Professional Review and Analyses of the City’s Classifications, …
04/30/2019 3:00 PM
The City of East Point, Georgia (hereinafter referred to as the “City”) is hereby soliciting sealed proposals from financially stable, experienced, qualified consultants to review and evaluate the City of East Point’s present salary structure as compared to the relevant job market for comparable positions in both the public and private sector. The results of the evaluation should enable the City to develop a classification and compensation plan that fairly and equitably recognizes and rewards current and future employees, and attracts highly qualified candidates for available positions.
The following tasks will be assigned to the Awardee under this Contract:
1. The Selected Provider will be required to conduct a thorough review of all current City job descriptions and analyze each of them for the appropriate and necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, relevance, internal consistency, job definitions and summaries, distinguishing characteristics, degree of supervision received and / or exercised, conformity with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) relative to the essential job functions required and the physical demands of the satisfactory completion of the work / tasks assigned, conformity with other applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and special requirements, including licensing and certifications.
2. The Selected Provider will be required to conduct a thorough review and analyses of all existing job family classifications, pay grades and salary ranges, and recommend modifications as necessary to bring each into a competitiveness with similar positions in other comparable local governments.
3. After a thorough review and analyses, the Selected Provider will be required to recommend new job titles and / or job descriptions as may be necessary to bring the City up-to-date and competitive with other comparable local governments.
4. The Selected Provider will be required to conduct a thorough review and analyze all Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) position classifications and recommend modifications as may be necessary to bring the City up-to-date and competitive with other comparable local governments.
5. The Selected Provider will be required to recommend an appropriate salary range for each City position analyzed based upon the recommended classification plan, the results of the comprehensive compensation survey, and with internal relationships and equity taken into consideration.
6. The Selected Provider will be required to identify potential pay compression issues within the City and provide possible solutions that the City could realistically employ to resolve the issue.
7. The Selected Provider will be required to recommend an understandable and workable pay adjustment methodology for use by the City in future employee promotions and / or demotions and for use when a pre-existing position evolves to need a job-related certification.
8. After conducting comprehensive salary surveys of similar positions within other comparable local governments, the Selected Provider will be required to establish appropriate and meaningful benchmarking standards for the City to employ.
9. The Selected Provider will be required to develop and provide a clear and easily understandable maintenance system that can be used by the City to maintain and update the City’s classification system as may be necessary.
10. The Selected Provider will be required to review relevant portions of the City’s Personnel Policies and, where applicable, recommend modifications or changes necessary to maintain the compatibility of the policies with the classification and compensation guidelines being established.
11. The Selected Provider will be required to meet with City personnel as needed to review and discuss job descriptions, job duties, job compensation, exempt and / or non-exempt status on a City-wide and / or departmental level.
12. Materials which will communicate the findings and results of the Compensation Study to the City’s employees in an understandable manner must be designed, prepared, and provided to the City by the Selected Provider.
13. At the conclusion of the study, a comprehensive report prepared by the Selected Provider for the City must address each task separately. The City estimates that a minimum of fifteen (15) permanently-bound hard copies of the study will be required, but this number is subject to change.
Anticipated Solicitation Timeline:
Issuance Date to Public: By Close of Business on Friday, March 22, 2019
Deadline for Inquiries: No Later Than Twelve o’clock Noon (12 PM) on Monday, April 8, 2019
Deadline for Issuance of Public Addenda: No Later Than Close of Business on Monday, April 15, 2019
Bid Due Date: No Later Than 3:00 PM on Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Obtaining Solicitation Documents:
Individuals / firms wishing to participate in this RFP may download a copy of the official documents directly from the City’s website. Please see “Available Downloads” listed on the right-hand side of the bottom of this page. From the list under this heading, choose the document you wish to downloaded and double click on it. The downloading of City solicitation documents and associated materials is made available without charge.
Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer and is required in order to view and print the downloaded documents. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it may be downloaded for FREE from the following web site: http://www.adobe.com.
(NOTE: The City of East Point has no affiliation whatsoever with the developers or suppliers of Adobe Reader and has made this link available as a convenience to our Vendors. The City of East Point assumes no liability by making this link available, and all those who use the recommended website to download materials do so completely at their own risk.)
Bid documents cannot be obtained in person from the City nor by mail, email, fax, or courier service.
Plan Holders’ Listing:
Since Prospective Providers may download solicitation documentation directly from the City’s web site, a Plan Holders Listing is not available for this or any other City solicitation. If applicable, a Pre-Bid Conference Sign-In Sheet or a Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-In Sheet shall be posted on this website after the date of the meeting.
Bid Due Date:
Unless otherwise amended, bid responses prepared as requested in the City’s Invitation to Bid (ITB) shall be received on behalf of the City until 3:00 P.M. on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, in the Contracts and Procurement Office located in Suite 400, 1526 East Forrest Avenue, East Point, Georgia 30344.
Dena Y. Ray, Contract Specialist
Contracts and Procurement
1526 East Forrest Avenue, Suite 400
East Point, Georgia 30344
Office: (404) 270-7138
Fax: (404) 270-7824