Contract for the Procurement of One (1) Sealed Radar / Thumper Arc Reflection Underground …
Electric Utility Materials, Components, Supplies, Tools, Equipment, and Services
10/27/2017 3:00 PM
The Power Department of the City of East Point, Georgia, is soliciting sealed bids from financial stable, qualified distributors / manufacturers / suppliers who are interested in entering into a contract for the procurement of one (1) sealed radar / thumper arc reflection underground fault locator system. The sealed radar / thumper arc reflection underground fault locator system proposed by any Prospective Provider MUST meet or exceed the City’s specifications as contained in Section 1.0 of the attached solicitation documents. Pursuant to the solicitation documents, at a minimum, any system proposed by a Prospective Provider must:
- be completely portable and must come permanently mounted on a light-weight hand truck for ease of movement and use.
- have, at a minimum, a 320 x 240 pixel digital memory radar built into the system.
- have, at a minimum, a 3.5-inch by 4.5-inch LCD screen with a 320 by 240 dot matrix-backlight.
- be capable of switching between 8kv and 16kv and must offer 1280 joules at both voltages.
- be completely sealed for use in all weather conditions.
- have motor operated impulse control gap and high voltage switches.
- come complete with an easy-to-identify grounding cable attached to the portable housing.
- come complete with high voltage leads attached to the portable housing.
- have high voltage test leads that are no less than fifty (50) feet long.
- have high voltage test leads that have one (1) end of each lead completed by a hotline clamp connector that will easily attach to the conductor neutrals.
- have high voltage test leads that have the other end of each lead completed by a male MC-type connector that will easily accept different female MC connectors.
- come complete with the three (3) following connector types: an elbow probe adapter with a female MC connector, a hotline clamp with a female MC connector, and a vise grip plier with a female MC connector.
- come complete with a battery cable that is no less than fifteen (15) feet long.
- contain a twelve (12) volt internal battery and must be capable of operation by the internal battery, or from an external twelve (12) volt car or truck battery, or from a 120 or 240 AC power source. A coupler for the various power sources must be built-in.
- be fully functional from minus (-) 20 degrees F to 110 degrees F.
The VON Model XF16-1280v.2 is considered a good example of the type of sealed radar / thumper arc reflection underground fault locator the City is interested in procuring, however, the City will give Contract award consideration to any functionally equivalent system. Demonstration of functional equivalency may be required by the City.
Anticipated Solicitation Timeline
Issuance Date to Public: Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Deadline for Submission of Inquiries: No Later Than 12:00 o’clock noon on Thursday, October 19, 2017
Deadline for Issuance of Public Addenda: No Later Than Close of Business, 5:00 P.M., on Monday, October 23, 2017
Bid Due Date: No Later Than 3:00 P.M. on Friday, October 27, 2017
Obtaining Bid Documents
Individuals / firms wishing to participate in this RFP may download a copy of the official documents directly from the City’s website. Please see “Available Downloads” listed on the right-hand side of the bottom of this page. From the list under this heading, choose the document you wish to downloaded and double click on it. The downloading of City solicitation documents and associated materials is made available without charge.
Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer and is required in order to view and print the downloaded documents. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it may be downloaded for FREE from the following web site: http://www.adobe.com. (NOTE: The City of East Point has no affiliation whatsoever with the developers or suppliers of Adobe Reader and has made this link available as a convenience to our Vendors. The City of East Point assumes no liability by making this link available, and all those who use the recommended website to download materials do so completely at their own risk.)
Bid documents cannot be obtained in person from the City nor by mail, email, fax, or courier service.
Plan Holders Listing
Since Prospective Providers may download solicitation documentation directly from the City’s web site, a Plan Holders Listing is not available for this or any other City solicitation. If applicable, a Pre-Bid Conference Sign-In Sheet or a Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-In Sheet shall be posted on this website after the date of the meeting.
Solicitation Due Date
Unless otherwise amended, sealed bid responses prepared and formatted as specified by the City shall be received on behalf of the City until 3:00 P.M. on Friday, October 27, 2017, in the Contracts and Procurement Office located in Suite 400, 1526 East Forrest Avenue, East Point, Georgia 30344.
This is a solicitation for sealed solicitations only and shall be awarded to the overall best-valued Provider based upon the scoring criteria presented in the solicitation documents. Oral, telephoned, telegraphed, faxed, emailed or otherwise unsealed responses shall be considered invalid and shall not be given any type of award consideration by the City.
Dena Ray, Contract Specialist
Contracts and Procurement
1526 East Forrest Avenue, Suite 400
East Point, Georgia 30344
Office: (404) 270-7138
Fax: (404) 270-7824