Contract for Professional Marketing, Public Relations, and Communication Services
07/14/2017 3:00 PM
The City of East Point, Georgia (hereafter referred to as the “City”) is hereby soliciting sealed proposals from financially stable, experienced, qualified firms or individuals who are willing to enter into a Contract to provide the City with professional marketing, public relations, and communication services under a multi-year agreement with fixed, lump sum “per fiscal year” pricing. Under this Contract, the Selected Provider will be tasked with the following:
- Developing and implementing a formal written Public Relations and Communications Effectiveness Plan for the City and the assistance of the integration of the Plan into the City’s organization once approved by City Management;
- Developing and implementing a formal written Digital Content and Social Media Relations and Management Plan for the City and the assistance of the integration of the Plan into the City’s organization once approved by City Management;
- Developing and implementing a formal written Creative Marketing Strategy / Plan for the City and the assistance of the integration of the Strategy / Plan into the City’s organization once approved by City Management;
- Providing the direction and oversight of the City’s communications response in the event of a crisis situation;
- Providing existing City personnel with day-to-day professional public relations and marketing support as may be needed or requested;
- Producing professional written copy and creative marketing materials for newsletters, flyers, posters, social media and / or print advertising as may be needed or requested;
- Identifying and detailing opportunities in the local and / or regional marketplace for the on-going promotion and advertising of the City, its desirability, its sanctioned events, and its new rebranding;
- Developing, implementing and in some cases hosting web or social media events geared to the promotion of the City and the enlightenment and / or education of the City’s citizens, and / or current and future business partners.
- Assisting with the coordinating, advising, and preparation of media communications for specific issues which are solely local (East Point) in nature, and for those issues that involve a regional approach.
To participate in this solicitation, Prospective Providers must be able to provide satisfactory proof of financial stability, must be able to demonstrate, at a minimum, five (5) years’ worth of verifiable experience in providing the same or similar services to other entities, and must be able to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge and expertise in providing services of the same kind or similar kind to other entities. In addition, each Prospective Provider must be able to produce the following upon request:
- A professional portfolio / presentation containing between twenty (20) and thirty (30) individual items that are examples of the quality and variety of your or your firm’s work.
Specifics regarding the Scope of Services and the City’s expectations are detailed in the official solicitation documents. Individuals / firms wishing to participate in this RFP may download a copy of the official documents by clicking on the files below. Bid documents cannot be obtained in person from the City nor by mail, email, fax, or courier service.
This is a formal Request for Proposals (RFP) solicitation and requires a sealed response. Oral, telephoned, telegraphed, faxed, emailed or otherwise unsealed responses will be considered invalid and will not be given award consideration. Any and all responses received in such a manner will be destroyed in an unread condition by the City upon receipt. Quotations received for the services stated herein that are not supported by a sealed formal response package prepared as stipulated in the solicitation documents will not be accepted or given award consideration by the City. Any such responses will be destroyed, in an unread condition upon receipt.
Sealed RFP responses prepared and formatted as specified by the City shall be received on behalf of the City until 3:00 P.M. on Friday, July 14, 2017, in the Contracts and Procurement Office located in Suite 400, 1526 East Forrest Avenue, East Point, Georgia 30344.
How to Obtain Solicitation Packages and Associated Documentation
Bid documents cannot be obtained in person from the City nor by mail, email, fax, or courier service. Any and all solicitation documents may be downloaded directly from this website. Please see the heading entitled “Available Documents” at the right-hand bottom of this web page. From the list under this heading, choose the document you wish to downloaded and double click on it.
Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer and is required in order to view the documents. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it may be downloaded for FREE from the following web site: http://www.adobe.com. PLEASE NOTE: The City of East Point has no affiliation whatsoever with the developers or suppliers of Adobe Reader and has made this link available as a convenience to our Vendors. The City of East Point assumes no liability or responsibility by making this link available, and all those who use the recommended website to download materials do so completely at their own risk.
Availability of Plan Holders or Bidders Lists
Since Prospective Providers may download solicitation documentation directly from the City’s website, a Plan Holders List is not available for this or any other City solicitation. If applicable, a Pre-Bid or Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-In Sheet will be posted on this website after the meeting has been conducted.
Dena Ray, Contract Specialist
Contracts and Procurement
1526 East Forrest Avenue, Suite 400
East Point, Georgia 30344
Office: (404) 270-7138
Fax: (404) 270 -7824
RFP 2017-1645 Contract for Marketing & Communication…
E-Verify Affidavit of Contractor
E-Verify Affidavit of Subcontractor
E-Verify Affidavits & SAVE Affidavits Instructions to Bidders
SAVE Affidavit of Contractor
Addendum No. 1
Addendum No. 2
Per Fiscal Year Price Sheet
Addendum No. 3