Jennifer C. Fine, AICP, Director • 1526 East Forrest Avenue, 4th floor • East Point, Georgia 30344 • Phone: (404) 270-7217 • Fax: (404) 270-7822 • 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM • Monday – Friday
• Staff Directory
Please click here
to learn more about the Economic Development Department.
Please click here
for visitor's information
|The Economic Development Department is here to assist you with your business relocation plans. If you are already here in East Point, we would love to help you grow your business. If you are a newcomer, welcome aboard!
Named for being the railway point east of the Atlanta and West Point rail line, East Point now harbors all the major interstates and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. MARTA (Metropolitan Area Rail Transportation Authority) has a rail line stop in East Point before going to its final destination at the airport. In fact, CSX, Norfolk Southern, Burlington North and Amtrak still run right through the heart of the City.
Economical Advantages of the City
- No impact fees on new development.
- A 100% property tax exemption on all three classes of manufacturer’s inventory (firm’s location must be within city limits).
- Approximately 2.3 million square feet of office/warehouse/distribution space within the City’s commercial/industrial areas.
- 10 minute drive from the heart of downtown Atlanta.
- 7 minutes from Hartsfield International Airport
- Its own water reservoir (Sweet Water Creek)
- Service of its own transit station (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority - MARTA)
- An award winning hospital (South Fulton Medical Center - Tenet Healthcare)
- Exceptional schools
- Hosts regular business seminars for start-ups, existing businesses and entrepreneurs.