Planning & Community Development
|1526 East Forrest Avenue, Suite 100, East Point, Georgia 30344 •
Planning Division (404) 270-7029
Permits Division (404) 270-7212
Inspections Division (404) 270-7025
Business License (404) 270-7185
PAYMENTS FOR ALL ASSOCIATED APPLICATIONS MUST BE
SUBMITTED BY 4:00 PM MONDAY - FRIDAY.
Email Office Manager
The Department of Planning & Community Development was created by City Charter to serve the public in the development, maintenance and redevelopment of properties located in the municipal limits of the City of East Point, Georgia.
The Planning & Community Development Department consists of four distinct, yet interrelated divisions: Permits, Building Inspections, Planning and Business License.
The four divisions are managed by the Director of Planning & Community Development; Permits Manager (Permit Office); and Chief Building Official (Inspections). The Permits Manager and Chief Building Official report to the department's Director.
The Department of Planning & Community Development is your “one-stop” shop for information for the following processes: building permits, building inspections, planning and zoning administration and business license.
Hours of Operation:
- Review and approve plans for development for compliance with all applicable codes and ordinances.
- Perform inspections on all structures to insure compliance with all International Building Codes and other City/State requirements.
- Reviews completed applications for consideration of changes to ordinances, rezoning, variances and special uses by the Planning & Zoning Commission.
- Maintains the City's Comprehensive Plan, Land Use Map, Zoning Map, Zoning Ordinances and other official planning documents and ordinances.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Inspection Requests must be faxed to 404.305.8220
- Requests received before 3:00 pm will receive an inspection the next business day.
- Requests submitted after 3:00 pm will receive an inspection the 2nd business day.
- For questions or concerns, please call 404.270.7025 between the hours of 7:00 am - 8:30 am
Press this link to get a copy of our Inspection Request Form
For questions or concerns please call our office at 404.270.7029.