|1526 East Forrest Avenue, Suite 100, East Point, Georgia 30344 • Phone: (404) 270.7025 • Fax: (404) 305.8220 • 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM • Monday – Friday
This division is responsible for the inspection of all building and technical inspections after the work has been completed. You can set up an appointment Monday-Friday, between the hours of 7:00 am - 8:30 am.
Inspection Request Form
- Inspection Requests must be faxed to 404.305.8220
- Requests received before 3:00 pm will receive an inspection the next business day.
- Requests submitted after 3:00 pm will receive an inspection the 2nd business day.
- For questions or concerns, please call 404.270.7025 between the hours of 7:00 am - 8:30 am
All contractors must fax their inspection request to: 404.305.8220.
Please click on this link for the 2015 DCA Minimum Standards
Please click on this link for detailed Inspection Procedures
1. Permit cards must be posted at the site and approved plans must be available for the inspector to
reference prior to inspection.
2. Provisions for acceptance of owner/contractor "qualified" (as defined by State of Georgia) inspector
written report, must have prior approval of the Chief Building Official or as provided by State law.
3. Provisions for safety at the job site are required prior to inspection, to include, but not limited to
guardrails at vertical openings, GFCI protection for temporary electrical service as required,
approved installation of scaffolding structures and devices, and temporary supports.
4. Provisions for compliance with Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission guidelines for
erosion and sedimentation control are required at all areas of land disturbance activities.
5. Construction permits are inspected first for rough inspection in all technical trades (electrical,
plumbing, mechanical) prior to framing (building) rough inspection. Final approval of building permit
also follows technical trade final approvals.
6. Any imposed re-inspection fee must be received prior to re-inspection.