The following are designated City Observed Holidays for full-time employees, excluding Police and Fire as indicated in the Employee Personnel Manual Policy 20-9:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
(when Christmas is on a Tuesday-Friday workday)
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
(1/2 day when New Year’s Day is on a Tuesday-Friday,
the City will close at Noon)
- New Year’s Day
- If the observed holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday will be observed on the preceding Friday.
- If the observed holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday will be observed on the following Monday.
- Employees (non-Police/non- Fire) who MUST work on the holiday shall be considered as working overtime (must have management approval), and shall be paid at the overtime rate or given compensatory time off at the overtime rate. They shall additionally receive pay for the holiday at the straight time rate. The net effect will be paid holiday, plus pay for overtime worked at the rate of time and one-half.